The Maritime Museum of Ílhavo has just received the seal "Clean & Safe - Cultural Heritage", awarded by the Directorate-General for Cultural Heritage (DGPC) and Turismo de Portugal, in a sign of compliance with the standards and safety guidelines of museums in the context of a pandemic COVID-19.
Turismo de Portugal created the “Clean & Safe” seal to distinguish companies in the tourism sector that comply with the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health to avoid contamination of spaces with the new coronavirus. The Ministry of Culture and the Cultural Heritage area, through its Museums, Palaces and Monuments, joined this initiative so that those who visit them also recognize these places as safe and complying with all the security requirements defined by DGS, having created a personalization of the "Clean & Safe - CULTURAL PATRIMONY" seal for Cultural Heritage.
In the case of MMI, which reopened on July 1 under the motto “We are Back to Navigate Safely”, the Contingency Plan and Internal Protocol received a good reception, guaranteeing security for both visitors and employees.
Tuesday to Saturday:
10:00 - 12:30
12:30 - 14:30 - closed for cleaning and sanitizing
14:30 to 18:00
Visits every 30 minutes, with the first to be held at 10:00
Last entry in the morning: 12:00
Last entry in the afternoon: 17:00
Closed on Sundays and Mondays
- Mandatory use of a mask for adults and children from 10 years old;
- Disinfection of hands and feet at the entrance;
- Entry of visitors in the order of arrival;
- Maximum capacity in a queue in the Museum lobby: 10 people (the rest must wait outside)
- Visits every 30 minutes, accompanied by a technician, for a maximum of 10 people;
- Single circuit, with entrance to the Museum's lobby and exit at the Codfish Aquarium;
- No guided tours or group visits;
- Reception: individual service, keeping the safety distance in the waiting line;
- Shop and Bookstore: individual service - prohibited to handle books and other products;
- Museum Cofee-shop - closed;
- Visit to the interior of Faina Maior and Lagoon Room: prohibited;
- Auditorium: maximum capacity of 60 seats.